BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Tea on Tuesday


I am back in blogland the workmen finished and now back to some 'me time' :))))

Tea Tuesday is beng hosted today by Dianne and she has chosen the theme "What signifies the coming of Spring to you?" You can click on HERE and pay Dianne a visit where you will find a lovely treat in store.

Now, what 'signifies the coming of Spring' for me apart from the usual wonderful plants popping through after the winter and new lambs being born.... is my dads birthday on the 1st day of spring 21st March...sadly dad is no longer with us but he is forever in my thoughts and I see him in my children.

This photo is of him when he was but a young man just joining the Royal Air Force when he was just 17,
I heard a little story from my gran many years ago that my dad went to join up telling them he was older than his years to get in.... he then sent money home to his mum to help out as jobs and money were in short supply his reason for telling a porky about his age.



So my dads birthday signifies the coming of Spring for me.



I am soooo excited as today I was sent some fabulous new stamps from Crafty Individuals check them out HERE, now are these not just soooo intune with our Tea Tuesday ...I just had to share them with you.



Can hardly wait to have a play with them they are gorgeous.






Keep checking back and see what Chris and I come up with using them.


Happy Tea Tuesday one and all I will be round to visit you all soon.


Chriss x

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Those tea stamps are wonderful. Wish I was more of a rubber stamper. I sure love your daffodils. Mine haven't even thought about blooming, yet. Lovely post, though, and since it's my first time here, I am thoroughly enjoying your blog.

*jean* said...

oo your stamps look wonderful! it will be fun to see what happens with them! happy tea tuesday!

Unknown said...

What a handsome RAF flier your Dad was .... I love always learning some new word from across the pond .... "telling a porky" ..... so fun :)

those stamps are really "the bee's knees" .... can't wait to see what you do with them!

Happy Tuesday! Kimmie

Dianne said...

What a wonderful photo of your dad... I have one of my dad when he was in the Navy... he was very young... and his birthday is March 11. Lovely stamps and very fitting for Tuesday Tea!