BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday 18 April 2009

Altered Wine Boxes.

Hi,
Back again after a short break from blogging however behind the scenes there has been a little altering going on.

Do you remember not tooo long ago I told you that I had challenged both Chris and Debbie to alter a wine box using Cosmo Cricket Papers.

I found the boxes in a sale they were reduced to just over a £1 50 each.... no way would I have bought them to give as a gift for a bottle of wine as they were... but I could see them being altered,

You can see the wine box being stripped of the paper which actually took me almost 2hrs of scraping and wetting to get mine off.


This is Debbies altered wine box using Cosmo Cricket papers... first she gave the wood a pistachio green wash and then covered the door in CC paper and using their push out letters arranged the word 'Vino'


Next we have Chris' she printed out a gorgeous image and added a few words from CC 12x12 papers she decorated it with some pretty silk flowers after giving the box a teak coloured wash.


The words read.... I can't wait 'til tomorrow 'cos, I get prettier everyday...

Chris then added a very unusual crown to her little Princess.


She then finished it by covering the handle in matching paper and changed the rope for ribbon.
Didn't they do well... ...round of applause please....see below for my altered wine box.

9 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Clapping loudly!!....brilliant boxes. What a clever idea & so much nicer than before they were altered. Gez. xx

Anonymous said...

WOW both look fabulous!

Sandy said...

Wow so wonderful boxes. Fantastic design. Lovely.

Kristen H said...

They are stunning, especially when you show the blah way they came. I love the wrapped handle, and ribbon exchange.

WOW!

Dawn said...

Whee they are gorgeous what a great idea those boxes are so boring as they are - this is class!!!

hugs
Dawn
xx

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning work ladies!

Unknown said...

A standing ovation from me ... if you can do one of those solo *LOl*

Karen said...

Oh these are just fabulous!!!! I love them all, thanks for the inspiration girls XXX

Kazza said...

Wow those boxes are GORGEOUS. Why don't I ever see altering bargains like that (although I probably have but I didn't think of altering them.)
Love everything you have all done with them.
xxx Karen